Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lame TV Shows, Music Faves and Milking Eraserheads...

It is raining as I type this, and I would've preferred if there some blues music playing in the background, but I think better if there are no music playing...sometimes. It would set my mood for some bittersweet atmosphere. You could say the cold nights are almost here...

Ever since the historical Eraserheads reunion concert back in August, there have been many attempts to capitalize on the phenomenon that happened (*cough MYX cough*). There are feature articles, interviews from the people who mentored the band, documentaries on their rise and fall and their albums displayed prominently at record bars. While I do love their songs (my favorites are the unreleased track "Sa Tollgate", "Julie Tearjerky", "Ligaya" and "Minsan") and paved the way for other "garage" bands, this is a perfect example of "capitalizing" the craze. (just like P.Diddy did to the late Notorious B.I.G.) . But hey, if people wanted more of 'Heads factoids, fine by me... just don't overdo it.

There is a tv show I've watched a few years back on MTV. It's about a group of 5 people trying to break some world records travelling around the U.S.A. on their customized RV. It's called "Call to Greatness". I say it's more like "Call to LAMEness". I man, I don't know about you, but these records they're trying to break just border on the stupid and uselessness. Farthest throw using a Tuba player? Most number of Juggles using a Silicon? Farthest travel on a bed mounted with wheels for 20 minutes? Oh, C'mon!!! What happened to those simple records, like most number of burgers in one sitting? Well, at least they have a cool logo.

My current music faves playing at MTV or myx are the Various female artists "Just Stand Up" (Miley Cyrus' contribution there is really, really out of place.) The TingTing's "Shut Up and Let me Go" (nice video, too.) "If I were A Boy" by Beyonce (is it me, or do most of my faves are from divas? Gak!!!)

-"the king"

No comments: