Friday, October 31, 2008

U.S. Economy, Friends and Drawing...

There are a lot of things that happened, or a lot of things I have given thought to (which would give you an idea of how smart I am. I'm like that all the time...) besides the usual surfing through our obscure-but-still-useful laptop (name pending) read and amazed at the 100th issue of FHM (Hachi Machi!!! Rowr!) and played more games at Venus.

There is this one post at my usual website where I get my toy, erm, collectible stuff news that really brought my attention, or at least gave me a glimpse of how hard life is at America. Here's a quote (or visit it at http://www.superarticulated.com/) " the U.S. economy is in a downward spiral, and because of rising oil costs and general inflation toy collecting has become very expensive of late... Also, I’ve just been really busy lately with… life. As such, I’ve hit a sort of crossroads. I feel like right now I need to be saving what money I have instead of spending it on action figures. I know that’s a bummer, but it is what it is...I’m not going anywhere. I just can’t really afford new toys these days!"

Coming from a guy (which I don't know much about him, but hey, common ground) who collects toys and something like that came out of his mouth (figuratively), you could say that the economy is really in DEEP FRIED SH*T. I guess that we really need to focus on the important stuff. I've also given thought on the things I buy. Could probably do with bootlegged items.

Also, even though I feel like I'm always working, I'm glad that I'm still able to see my college friends and do some crazy stuff. Although their idea of a good time is somewhat...timid, they're a good theraphy for the stressed. I've got to admit there are some things that I wish I could have done while I'm at college ( I believe that I also posted this comment a few months ago...) But hey, that's why there is a word such as progress...

I miss the times when I was able to speak to them on the phone and just talk about anything and the constant advice, but LIFE HAPPENED. Ah well, I wish that we would still be in contact with each other...

Speaking of friends, my friend really made his dream come true, by releasing his independent comic book (the xeroed kind) to the public. I was finally able to see the actual, tangible work from my friend. I know he wants to do this for some time now, and I'm happy for him. (Plug: check out their works at http://www.deviantart.com/ with the keyword silent sanctum. My friend, I'll be expecting my free comic anytime soon...)

I want to draw, y'know. Like release some of my "portfolio" to deviantart but the thing is,

1. I need a scanner
2. Learn that damn Photoshop and,
3. Time, motherf*ckin' Time.

Well, at least I'm writing, still able to grind my creative gears. And I doodle. I also keep some good story ideas to myself for future bucks. Maybe I'm posting this because I believe in the future, and that someday...

I will.


(now how's that for dramatic?)

-"the king"

No comments: